Anxiety and stress are two common experience that seems inevitable to humans. They arose as a result of our daily activities and experiences, and they can be harmful to your health. If you always find yourself in a situation of been tensed, anxious or stressed, you can easily follow these 14 tips to manage anxiety and stress. Read on!
1. Take a time-out
Listen to music, get a massage, or learn relaxation techniques. Anything that helps you relax and get away from life’s problems is a great way to clear your head.
2. Eat healthy, balanced meals
Do not skip any meals. Keep healthy, energy-boosting snacks on hand.
3. Limit alcohol and caffeine
These can aggravate anxiety and trigger panic attacks.
4. Get enough sleep
When stressed, your body needs additional sleep and rest. Make sure to get 6-8 hours of quality sleep at night.
5. Exercise daily
Exercise helps you feel good and maintain your health.
6. Take deep breaths
Inhale and exhale slowly. This can be effective in managing anxiety and stress
7.Count to 10 slowly
Repeat, and count to 20 if need be, This can wipe off all forms of stress.
8. Do your best
Instead of aiming for perfection, which is not possible, be proud of however close you get. Do your best and always leave the rest.
9. Accept that you cannot control everything
Put your stress in perspective: Is it really as bad as you think?
10. Welcome humor
A good laugh goes a very long way. It is a stress killer too.
11. Maintain a positive attitude
Make an effort to replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Your mindset is key to whatsoever you do and plan to achieve in life.
12. Get involved
Volunteer or find another way to be active in your community, which creates a support network and gives you a break from everyday stress.
13. Learn what triggers your anxiety
Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify? Write in a journal when you’re feeling stressed or anxious, and look for a pattern to address it.
14. Talk to someone
Tell friends and family you are feeling overwhelmed, and let them know how they can help you. Talk to a physician or therapist for professional help.
Below are some additional fitness tips on how you can manage stress.
Fitness Tips: Stay Healthy to Manage Stress
For the biggest benefits from your exercise, try to include at least 2 hours 30 minutes of moderate-intensity physical activity each week, 1 hour 15 mins of a vigorous-intensity activity, or a combination of the two.
- 5 X 30: Jog, walk, bike, or dance three to five times a week, for 30 minutes.
- Set small daily goals: Aim for daily consistency rather than perfect workouts. It is better to walk every day for 15-20 minutes than to wait until the weekend for a three-hour fitness marathon. Lots of scientific data suggests that frequency is most important.
- Find fun forms of exercise: Exercise is much easier if you enjoy doing it. Extroverted people often like classes and group activities. People who are more introverted often prefer solo pursuits.
- Distract yourself: Use an iPod or other portable media player to download audio books, podcasts, or music. Many people find it’s more fun to exercise while listening to something they enjoy.
- Recruit an exercise buddy: It’s often easier to stick to your exercise routine when you have to stay committed to a friend, partner, or colleague.
- Be patient: Most sedentary people require about four to eight weeks to feel coordinated and sufficiently in shape so that exercise feels easier.