The Christmas season is here once again, and in just a few days, we shall be heading into a new year. During this period, everyone indulges in parties; get togethers, vacations, and many more, just to celebrate as the year draws to an end. With lip-smacking snacks and lots of drinks around, it is hard to resist, which ultimately leads to overindulging in food and drinks. Moreover, the after party detox and the strict diet routine can be difficult. In this post, you shall be learning some healthy living tips during Christmas and New year celebration.
Also read: Health tips for the month of December
At the end of the year, everybody gets busy planning for parties and their health and routine goes haywire because of lack of care. People, in their enjoyment get accustomed to booze and spicy rich food which can have a negative effect on the health in the longer run. One should go for damage control by preparing a healthy party planner to prevent the post party sluggish effects to enjoy the Christmas and new year party celebrations.
Let us look at the following healthy living tips for the Christmas and New year celebration.
A. Before a party:
1. Drink lots of water. Have more of organic food including leafy vegetables and get enough sleep. It will keep you active during the party by adopting these habits throughout the festive periods.
Also read: 11 Important Healthy eating tips
2. During this time, try not to smoke and limit the intake of caffeinated beverages and alcohol because it disturbs the liver’s detoxification process which might create a problem later.
3. Opt for dry body brushing before you bathe to improve blood circulation and also lymph fluids for a glowing skin. Relaxing in a sauna or regular steam baths are also effective ways to release toxins from the body through sweat.
4. Involve yourself in any dance workouts like Zumba or aerobics which will help you to burn the calories during the party.
5. Include healthy snacks like nuts, seeds, fruits, etc. in your diet which helps you limit your caloric intake without weighing you down.
B. During a Party:
1. It is essential to know your limits while drinking and stay hydrated at the same time. Over-drinking alcohol can dehydrate your body and can make you lethargic, which in turn can hinder your enjoyment.
Also read: 13 Popular symptom of a drinking problem
2. High protein foods such as cheese and peanuts are not just an appetiser but also helps to slow down the absorption of alcohol into the circulatory system. Don’t gulp but sip your drink and savour it as it makes the effect to last long, ensuring you drink less.
3. Eat the right kind of food that will absorb the alcohol properly and keep you healthy. Since drinkers mostly prefer snacks, make sure to prefer those with whole grains and polyunsaturated fats like omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in nuts and seeds.
C. After a Party:
1. Post party and festivities, your body is already dealing with an excess of sugar. Hence, avoid foods loaded with sugar and consume more of plain fluid liquids like green tea and fresh fruit juices.
2. Start your day with warm water, honey and fresh lemon an hour before your breakfast to keep your digestive system on track. This is because it is important to ease your digestive tract and flush all the toxins consumed during a party.
3. Include yoga and meditation activities in your regular regime to stay active. Moreover, it also helps you to tone up and burn the calories which you have gained during the party.
Also read: Health benefits of meditation
4. Pamper your skin by applying natural masks containing fuller’s earth or multani mitti and washing your face 2-3 times a day. Also, up the nutrient intake by including fruits and salads in your diet.
By following these healthy living tips during the festive seasons, you will definitely give your health a boost as you approaches a new year. Feel free to share this article among your friends,