Also read: 10 Health benefits of Pineapple juice you will love to know
We shall be looking at the health benefits of pineapple as it relates to the skin, hair and overall health. Check the list below for full details.
Benefits of Pineapple to the skin
- Effective solution for acne
- This exotic flavour is like an elixir for our skin, especially to get rid of stubborn pimples.
- Helps your skin look younger
- Want to know the scientific reason why pineapples make our skin awesome? Well, this fruit gives the collagen synthesis in your body a boost.
- Natural exfoliating agent
- In order to exfoliate your skin, you can use freshly crushed pineapple wedges.
- Get rid of cracks on your feet
- Rather than depend on creams, pineapples is an inexpensive, yet effective method of making feet cracks vanish.
- Softens and strengthens the nails
- Have you wondered why your nails look dry and brittle? No? Blame vitamins A and B.
- For hydrated, radiant skin
- Dry skin looks dull and unattractive, doesn’t it? But the blazing summer heat and pollution do not help our cause. Pineapple to the rescue!
- Natural cure for chapped lips
- Pineapple, when used alongside coconut oil, offers relief from chapped lips.
Health benefits of Pineapple to your hair
- Prevents hair loss
- A few dietary changes can help you prevent hair loss. Pineapple in your lunch/dinner routine is one such solution.
- Good for inflammatory scalp conditions
- When your scalp feels like a battleground of itches, try pineapples for instant soothing.
- For thicker hair
- Pineapple extracts are known to possess hair thickening properties.
Also read: Foods to include in your diet for a healthy long hair
Health benefits of Pineapple to your system and overall health
1. Prevents free radical damage
Pineapples are a rich source of antioxidants that help fight free radicals in the body, thereby preventing further cellular damage.
2. Thwarts cold
Nobody likes to sneeze and sniffle for most of the day. This exotic fruit is abundant in vitamin C and bromelain, which fight against microbial infections.
3. Strong bones
The rich amount of manganese present in pineapples helps in strengthening bones and connective tissues.
Also read: 5 tips for improving your bone health
4. Healthy gums
Eating pineapple strengthens your gums, and keeps your teeth healthy and strong.
Also read: 6 simple tips for a healthier gum
4. Macular degeneration
Macular degeneration is a condition in which adults lose their vision. Beta-carotene present in pineapples improves vision.
5. Anti-inflammatory action
Pineapple fruit is well-known for its anti-inflammatory properties that prevent inflammation in arthritis patients and gives strength to the bones.
6. Cures sinusitis, sore throat, gout, swellings
Pineapples help prevent sinusitis. They are also effective in curing sore throat, gout, and swellings.
Must read: Reasons why hot weather affects your sinuses and some remedies
7. Anti-cancer properties
Do you know that pineapples are also proven to be beneficial against all type of cancers? The abundance of antioxidants in pineapples helps fight the free radicals.
8. Helps prevent atherosclerosis
Free radicals cause atherosclerosis, which can be easily prevented by the antioxidants in pineapples.
9. Maintains heart’s health
Powerful antioxidants present in pineapple help lower the cholesterol levels in the body, thereby preventing heart diseases.
Also read: 6 ways you can maintain your heart health
Vitamin C and antioxidants present in pineapples boost the immunity system of our body.
Pineapple is rich in bromelain, vitamin C, and dietary fiber that promotes digestion.
You must have noted that the anti-inflammatory properties of pineapples come in handy in treating a lot of conditions. They also helps in reducing inflammation in bronchial tubes, which generally arises due to bronchitis.
Catarrh is caused by the inflammation of the mucus membrane in one of the airways or cavities of the body. This disorder can be prevented by eating pineapples regularly.
14. Prevents hypertension
If you are suffering from high blood pressure and hypertension, then you must start eating pineapples regularly.
15. Treats intestinal worms
Pineapple contains the digestive enzyme (bromelain) so a diet rich in pineapple helps clear certain intestinal parasites such as tapeworms.
17. Relieves nausea
Consumption of pineapple juice can help avert nausea or morning sickness.